Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Jeremy Brandon Carroll: Southern Drawl and All

"I live everywhere it seems these days. I meet new people almost every day. Yep, crazy it can be. I have met almost every kind of person you can imagine...I have a crazy and unexpected life, but I love it." -- Jeremy Brandon Carroll

Bama Boys Entertainment: At what age did you know that you wanted to pursue acting seriously?

Jeremy Brandon Carroll: I would say at age 15 is when it really hit me. I really wanted to be an actor in film. After watching The Color Purple one day it did something emotionally to me that sparked a fire in me for this industry. It made me want to be a part of something that is as special as that film is.

Bama Boys Entertainment: Do you work with an agent or do you pursue roles on your own?

Jeremy Brandon Carroll: I work with four different agents. I have one in Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, North Carolina and Los Angeles. Even though I have agents, I have booked most of the work myself. I have really had to hustle and work my but off just to get this far. You really learn in this business, when it comes down to it that YOU ARE YOUR OWN AGENT. No one will look out for you better than you. You can't depend on too much of what people say in this business.

Bama Boys Entertainment: How does being from a small town help or hinder your acting career?

Jeremy Brandon Carroll: It hinders me when People here a southern accent. I have had to work with coaches to change it. Also people treat you like your stupid and all of the cliche things southerners deal with. I think being from a small town helps me because it keeps me very personal and REAL.

Bama Boys Entertainment: If you weren't an actor, what career path do you think you would have followed?

Jeremy Brandon Carroll: If I was not an actor, I would probably be a Meteorologist. Other than acting I have always loved to tell everyone weather reports and watch the weather. I am very fascinated with Mother Nature.

Bama Boys Entertainment: Who is the most influential person in your life?

Jeremy Brandon Carroll: I would have to say my mom. She has always been there for me and supported me in all of my auditions. Both my parents and family are very supportive, but she is just always that extra support that pushes me through. I put my faith in God and pray all the time and listen for the answers to guide me.

Bama Boys Entertainment: If you could co-star in a movie with any actor or actress, who would that be and why?

Jeremy Brandon Carroll: I would have to say Robin Williams. I think he is extremely talented and extraordinary. I mean he goes from Mrs. Doubtfire to One Hour Photo. The man is a genius! I have also listened to him in interviews and behind the scenes from his work. He seems to love his job and besides the AMAZING talent he has I really think he is a great guy. I look up to him as an actor.

Bama Boys Entertainment: What is one of the biggest misconceptions about Hollywood?

Jeremy Brandon Carroll: I would have to say MOST THINGS ARE FAKE. Relationships, Magazines, Reality shows and Looks. Most of what you see and hear has some shady publicist behind it that is generating popularity for their client. They will do whatever it takes to get their client in front of the media.
Popularity. Don't believe much of what you hear or see on TV.

Bama Boys Entertainment: How big of a role does music play in movies?

Jeremy Brandon Carroll: I think music plays a huge role. Most of the time soundtracks are what make movies. Take Footloose for example. Although that movie is great, even when a movie is bad and you hear a great song, you will remember that movie and want to see it again because of that. Music and film go hand in hand. In horror movies it's the score "MUSIC" that makes the scenes scary and nerve racking. I think it plays a vital role in film.

Bama Boys Entertainment: Is there any advice, books, or other materials you would recommend for individuals looking to get into acting?

Jeremy Brandon Carroll: Although there are many great books, I have not read many books that prepared me for what I have gone through. The best advice I will give is RESEARCH, RESEARCH. If you are serous about being an actor I would start off doing extra work, STAND-IN WORK in movies so you can be around a set and get to know the business hands on starting at the bottom. Do as much acting as you can even if it's free, to keep your self growing. Also, put yourself out there because you never know who you are going to meet and usually in this business it's being at the right place at the right time. NEVER EVER pay anyone unless they are getting you a job and are taking out of that pay. You should never have to pay an agent unless they have booked you worl. They don't make money UNLESS YOU MAKE MONEY so don't get scammed. There are many out there.

Bama Boys Entertainment: I see that you are an Auburn fan. Describe Cam Newton in one word.

Jeremy Brandon Carroll: TALENTED! War Eagle!!!

Check out Jeremy Brandon Carroll at www.facebook.com/jeremy.b.carroll and his bio and acting credits at http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1148107/.

No comments:

Post a Comment