Sunday, April 12, 2009

I'll Take The Bologna Sandwich

I was just thinking back to the Temptations movie I have watched about 20 times. I remember a scene where the "Motown machine" was trying to write a hit for the Temptations. Once the song was completed, Barry Gordy asked his team if they would spend their last dollar to buy the song or spend their last dollar on a sandwich. If you are familiar with the music put out by Motown, then it's safe to say the song beat the sandwich quite often. Fast forward to today. I wonder how many labels today strive to make music in a similar fashion. Probably very few. Maybe a sandwich formula or gas formula is what we need to help get music to a more enjoyable state. I think I will go out and by a hybrid to free up some money when there is music I want to purchase. Can't spend my last dollar on this bull we call music.

No comments:

Post a Comment